Test your skunk family smarts by choosing the right answers to the following questions.
Write your answers down and click on anwer page below to see how well you did. Good Luck!
1. Skunks belong to a family of mammals called:
2. Which of the following is not a nickname for the wolverine?
a. Stink wolf.
b. Skunk bear.
c. Mountain devil.
3. Which skunk sometimes does a handstand as a warning before spraying its smelly musk?
a. Hooded skunk.
b. Striped skunk.
c. Spotted skunk.
4. The Black-footed ferret is not endangered.
5. Mustelids live on all the world’s continents except:
a. Asia and Africa.
b. Africa and South America.
c. Antarctica and Australia.
6. Weasels that live in cold climates have coats that change color twice a year.
7. Little birds called honey guides help honey badgers in an interesting way. What is it?
a. They pick lice and other bugs out of the honey badgers’ fur.
b. They lead honey badgers to beehives.
c. They use their beaks to help honey badgers dig.
8. Baby skunks can spray their musk before they learn to walk.
9. How can you tell a sea otter from a river otter?
a. Sea otters have shorter, stubbier fingers than river otters.
b. Sea otters have broader, flatter tails.
c. Both a and b.
10 Which of the following is not a warning sign that a skunk is going to spray:
a. Foot-stomping and ground-raking.
b. Hissing and tail-raising.
c. Waving the front paws back and forth.