Can you tell if the features below would more correctly describe a male lion, a female lioness, both lions and lionesses, or neither? Click on the right answer.
Answers to questions 1-10 at bottom of this page.
1. Can weigh over 500 pounds.
2. Does most of the hunting in the pride.
3. Has a large, bushy mane.
4.Has a spotted coat when young.
5. Sees well in the dark.
6. Lives wild in Antarctica.
7. Sneaks up on prey.
8. Fights with other males to take over pride.
9. May spend 20 hours of the day resting and sleeping.
1. Lion, 2. Lioness, 3. Lion, 4. Both, 5. Both, 6. Neither, 7. Both, 8. Lion, 9. Both, 10. Both